Since 1925, Federated Funeral Directors of American (FFDA) has been providing a variety of business services to funeral homes. FFDA supports more than 1300 clients. In size, the clients range from small rural operations to large volume firms conducting more than 1000 funerals annually.
FFDA became a part of the Fiducial family in late 2011. Fiducial, founded in France in 1970, is a major provider of financial services (Business Counseling, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Tax Preparation & Advisory Services) to small business owners. As a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs, Fiducial provides the financial back office infrastructure to clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best: serve their customers.
Federated is seeking a Division Manager for their Springfield, IL office.
The Division Manager will be an experienced CPA or EA with management and write-up experience, prior client relationship experience and substantial computer/technical experience. The Division Manager will be responsible for working with both clients and managing staff to provide monthly and annual bookkeeping, accounting, tax and consulting services to the funeral profession.
Desired Skills/ Experience/Attributes
- Senior accounting professional with experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully managed client accounts, planned and directed staff work.
- Comfortable with computers and general technology, including QuickBooks.
- Proven track record of solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office is highly desired.
- Experience with the Funeral Professional preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has a leader’s presence with an unrivaled ability to work with peers, staff and senior management collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Has an entrepreneurial drive.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Has exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Is a detail oriented individual contributor with the ability to “think outside the box.”
- Possesses an unquestionable level of integrity and respects quality assurance requirements.
- Has a history of building relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Is committed to fostering and maintaining a service culture.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (BS/BA degree or equivalent/measurable experience).
- Active CPA or EA License required by start date.