THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Runners are responsible for driving production. Using their strategic thinking and problem-solving skills they will create an atmosphere of optimal productivity.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
• Strategically manage pack lines in compliance with company’s policies and vision
• Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
• Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
• Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping requirements
• Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
• Manage stock control and reconcile with warehouse management system
• Plan work rotations assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
• Receive feedback with a genuine interest in mastering the Runner position.
• Proven pack management aptitude.
• Ability to implement process initiatives
• Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software systems
• Leadership skills and ability to motivate staff.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 49 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Sustain productivity in a refrigerated environment(32º-38ºF).
• Stand or walk for 10 - 12 hours without accommodation.
• Required to push, pull, bend, squat, reach and lift in continuous cycles for 10 - 12 hours.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Complex Problem Solving