To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waikoloa Village, HI
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cashier - Food and Beverage
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • Waikoloa Village, HI
Posted 1 month ago
A Food and Beverage Cashier is responsible for totaling and processing guest food and beverage purchases in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Food and Beverage Cashier, you would be responsible for totaling and processing guest food and beverage purchases in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet and acknowledge guests upon check-out from dining outlet
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and work to resolve any guest issues or concerns, enlisting the assistance of a supervisor, if necessary
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Cash handling experience required. Prior hospitality and cashiering experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Liquor Commission yellow card.
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of hotel operations and events.
- Ability to remember, recites, and promotes a variety of menu items.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as related to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with guests over the phone and in person.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, 10-Key, and Point of Sale procedures to handle cashier functions.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to perceive colors (reds, blues, greens...) to differentiate between various ticket vouchers.
- Ability to write legibly to complete forms that require a high level of detail.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to walk/travel to various locations throughout the facility.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!