$75000.00 to $90000.00 yearly
We are working on an Accounting Manager position with a best in class company in the Minneapolis area. This position will supervise a team of 2-4 people and our client will consider candidates without prior supervisory experience. They are family friendly and have a warm culture that provides a nice work life balance. This team consists of approximately 10 people and this position will report to the Controller. This is an add to staff due to growth!
This position will be responsible for managing accounting functions and processes of the company including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, project accounting, fixed assets, and general ledger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff; including training and development
- Oversee accounting group functions and direct processes of the group to preserve efficiencies and increase value
- Ensures monthly financial packages are prepared accurately and timely and in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee annual reforecast and budget processes and ensure budgets are completed accurately and timely
- Maintain accurate records for fixed assets from acquisition through disposal including understanding of fixed asset rules for Book and Tax applications
- Coordination and oversight of annual audit process
- Monitors accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including oversight of cash receipt postings and weekly check runs
- Oversee payroll process including reconciliation of payroll costs to the general ledger
- Ability to research and explain budget to actual variances
Degree in Accounting or similar
5+ years of experience
Supervisory experience preferred but not required
Posted by Rick Harrison at Robert Half, find me on LinkedIn
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.