Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
Macy’s Stores Operation Center (MSOC) Reps are an integral part of the Store Environment Team, supporting all Macy’s Inc. locations in the event of catastrophic emergencies, business impacting emergencies, and obtaining quick resolutions to all maintenance and environmental issues within each store. MSOC Reps are required to respond to work on an “on call” basis for emergencies to support the business continuity team and work non-standard hours and flexible shifts. Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel requirement: - Travel may be required to conduct field training and/or to receive specialized training.
- All schedules include either Saturday or Sunday with day off during the week. The MSOC is open 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. Schedules are non-standard hours.
- Operate the Macy’s Inc. Oracle based work order (eAM) and purchase order (MFA) systems.
- Utilize Service Channel for repair and service work orders.
- Answer emergency calls from stores via the MACY911 hotline and make emergency notifications to senior management.
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and take appropriate action.
- Dispatch outside service providers to include by not limited to vertical transportation, trash management, pest control, cosmetic waste, universal waste, etc.
- Maintain high level of customer service
- Work with stores, vendors and Expense Payables for quick resolution on all vertical issues, repairs, violations and fines.
- Coordinate with facilities team and stores for resolution and completion on all store violations, including fire marshal, DEP, EPA and all other state and federal agencies.
- Issue purchase orders and update work orders accordingly
- Perform various Store Environment assignments and special projects as delegated.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Associates Degree or 1-2 years of experience in a call/customer service center preferred
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to make sound decisions.
- Strong typing and computer skills, Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Excel, etc) or equivalent
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow up skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- May be required to respond after hours, weekends and holidays (24/7) during emergencies.
- All schedules include either Saturday or Sunday with day off during the week. The MSOC is open 24 hours a day. Schedules are non-standard hours.
- This position requires long hours of sitting in front of a computer and answering phones.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Environmental Protection