This position is responsible for identifying, acquiring, preparing, and routing vehicle certificates of title to auctions or other selling locations. The primary objective of this position is the timely and effective processing of titles and title documents necessary for the sale of repossessed inventory.
This position works closely with vehicle auction staff, dealerships, motor vehicle departments, and title-processing vendors. The position will have some interaction with other internal departments as both a service-provider and service-recipient.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and will demonstrate good decision-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations
• Process release of lien on repossessed accounts, routing titles or other security interest instruments to the appropriate selling location in a timely manner
• Prepare and submit to state motor vehicle departments, or to third-party title vendors, or selling auctions, the necessary documentation for conversion of a standard vehicle title to a repossession title, where required by law
• Coordinate with Inventory staff for appropriate sale date and location for routing of vehicle titles
• Identify and resolve any process delays
• Follow-up with auctions for the timely return of vehicle titles on reinstated accounts
• Prepare invoices for title services received from auctions and third-party title vendors
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
•Familiarity with state-specific vehicle titling requirements and exception processes.
•Superior data entry skills.
•Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
•Ability to work under time constraints and daily deadlines.
•Versatility in job functionality and quick to assimilate procedural changes.
•Good interpersonal skills and teamwork awareness.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
•Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
•Previous work experience in motor vehicle lien processing and/or vehicle title administration, preferably in the automotive finance industry or retail automobile sales.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
•Daybreak or other retail consumer servicing systems.
•Web navigation and/or web-based applications.
•Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
•10-key calculator and QWERTY keyboard skills.
•Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.