An acquired and growing startup focusing on small business marketing is looking to grow their Engineering Team by on-boarding a Data Engineer. This company has created a marketing platform that allows local businesses to easily update their web presence, distribute information, and engage customers.
As a Data Engineer, you will be joining a team of engineers in a hands-on role with several new projects under development. The role will be focused on Python development, looking to scale their applications. The Data Engineer will need to have exposure to some technologies in the Scientific Stack like SciPy, NymPy, or Pandas. Ideally, the Data Engineer will know how to build ETL pipelines from scratch, and will have some experience with Spark or Hadoop, and knowledge of AWS.
The Data Engineer will join a small team of Back End Engineers and will come in, making an immediate impact on the team. This is a startup-like environment so ability to wear multiple hats is going to be preferred. Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 years+ experience with software development
- Strong experience with Python
- Exposure to the Scientific Framework, using Pandas, NumPy or SciPy
- Exposure to Spark or Hadoop
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience building ETL pipelines from scratch
- Knowledge of AWS
- Strong OOP skills
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch or another search technology (Lucene, Solr, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a startup
- Competitive salary up to 150K
- Full benefits
- 401 (k) with immediate vesting
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.
Use Programming Language