To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manhattan, NY 10028
- Kelley Blackshear
- Phone: 2123366244
- Phone:: 1 212-661-6622
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Contract Employee Relations Manager
Michael Page • Manhattan, NY
Posted 2 months ago
This project based role will build a center of excellence for Employee Relations to include building out the function, reviewing and updating policies and practices and building the capabilities of our HR business partners.
My client is a high fashion house that specializes in haute couture and ready-to-wear clothes, luxury goods, and fashion accessories.
- Manage and conduct complex and escalated investigations related to employee claims and provide guidance to business partners and leaders, in accordance to federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Conduct analyses to identify process and policy improvements and champion initiatives within the People & Organization team to mitigate risk and ensure a positive employee experience
- Research, design and implement best practices in effective investigations, stakeholder engagement, reporting and analysis and program/policy implementation
- Develop and facilitate both formal and as needed training, as well as communication tools, to support the integrated adoption of the Employee Relations model within the People & Organization function and build the capabilities of the existing team
- Provide guidance and leadership to the People & Organization team to ensure compliance, risk management and a positive employee experience for the region
- Document, track and analyze information and data relating to employee relations topics to provide analysis with suggested actions to support a positive employee experience
- Participate in communicating updates to management committee, HR leadership team and business leaders on progress of the function as well as building awareness around management best practices
- Provide guidance on accommodation processes for US region, responding to changes in state, local and federal regulations as well as providing a positive employee experience
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Employment Law, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience; JD or advanced degree preferred.
- Combined 7-10 years Employee Relations and/or Employment Law experience
- Knowledge of a retail or luxury brand environment is preferred
- Experience working with different groups such as retail, corporate, union, warehouse etc. is important
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including diplomacy, collaboration, sensitivity in challenging situations are critical
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are all key
- Experience presenting to leaders and executives is important
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to ever-changing circumstances and expectations
- Employee discount
- Quarterly sample sales
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits
- Paid time off