Chubb Los Angeles is seeking to hire a Production Underwriter. The candidate will be responsible for the growth of the middle market commercial book. The position requires an experienced level of underwriting and evaluating P&C risks. The position requires effective cross-selling and account rounding ability. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a team and also collaborate with middle market practice leaders, business development leaders, as well as Referral / Segment Leaders. The candidate will be responsible for developing new business for key broker and agency relationships in Los Angeles. The position may require periodic travel.
The above position requires a strong service orientation to facilitate positive relationships with brokers. The potential candidate must have solid knowledge of commercial underwriting and insurance industry practices.
In addition, the individual should possess the following skills/qualities:
- 2-5 years underwriting US property, package, automobile, worker’s compensation and umbrella
- Demonstrated strong technical acumen in Property and Casualty lines of business
- Adheres to documentation business standards
- Strong marketing, sales and presentation skills are required
- Relationship oriented with ability to work with brokers and retail agents
- Must have strong (verbal and written) communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well internally with varying levels of zone/branch management and underwriting personnel
- 2-5 years underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting multiple lines of insurance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
We are looking for a person with a strong business acumen including but not limited to the ability to: interact effectively with internal and external business partners, adapt to a changing market, place and business environment, and understand what it takes to close the deal.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Business Development
- Commercial Awareness
- Hardworking And Dedicated