Please review the job details below. Maxar is looking for Python Developer to join our team. Do you like applying geospatial tradecraft and developing Python code to help solve our nation's most pressing Intelligence Questions? Our team is looking to for a Python Developer to build and maintain workflow improvement and data management tools for a high-profile customer project. If you are a developer who likes to understand difficult problems to handle big data and engineer time saving solutions, we need your skills! Life with Us: Project: We support a US Government R&D office who has asked us to reimagine the workflows surrounding an existing application. We've been assisting them in this capacity for several years, augmenting our tools and methodologies to accommodate a continually growing corpus of data. The application ingests large amounts of structured data into a model, providing an analytic output for the customer and their customers to review. We need your expertise to refine the application and workflows. Career: At Maxar we're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress. Day-to-day with your colleagues: * Meeting with the customer to understand and refine the requirements.
* Using Python to augment and analyze data.
* Recommending best practices for data storage and manipulation.
* Reviewing current practices, identifying process improvements, and implementing them. Minimum Requirements: * Current/active TS/SCI security clearance with required Polygraph.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, geography or related technical field. 4 additional, relevant years of experience maybe substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 5 years of relevant experience with software development.
* Ability to automate workflows using Python.
* Experience with a relational database (PostgreSQL preferred).
* Ability to communicate analysis to experts and lay persons alike. Preferred Skills: * Experience using git and Jira for managing a software project.
* Experience with geospatial software such as ArcGIS, QGIS.
* Experience with geospatial extensions for relational databases (like PostGIS).
* Experience using Python with spatial data.
* Experience with Tableau software.
* Knowledge of best practices for data standards, data management, data quality. # cjpost #LI-WH1 Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law. Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Business Process Improvement
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Data Quality