To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92121
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Technician I-III (1st Shift: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM, M-F)
Catalent Pharma Solutions • San Diego, CA
Posted 15 days ago
Catalent Pharma is looking to hire a Manufacturing Technician (Level I-III TBD), in San Diego, who will be responsible for conducting cGMP manufacturing of solid oral and liquid oral pharmaceutical dosage forms for Phase I and Phase II clinical trials. Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor or Team Lead, the Manufacturing Technician will work hands on, in their designated production suite, with a variety of manufacturing production equipment and technologies. Daily responsibilities vary and include production equipment set up, weighing of materials, sieve and blending activities, spray drying, milling, granulation, mixing, roller compaction, submitting samples, encapsulation, tableting, coating and packaging. Qualified candidate will be hired at the appropriate level (Tech I-III) commensurate with education and years of required relevant experience. Typical hours for 1st shift are 7:30 AM - 4 PM, M-F though may vary in order to meet the needs of the production schedule.
The Role (daily responsibilities)
- Responsible for manufacturing of cGMP products, following SOP’s, and providing accurate documentation in production batch records.
- Provides guidance and training for junior operators.
- Operates automated or semi-automated equipment.
- Prepares materials and equipment for production.
- Supports equipment cleaning verification and validation activities.
The Candidate (requirements)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent REQUIRED
- To qualify for the Tech I level: 0 - 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing. Mechanical and technical aptitude or prior work experience within a regulated environment preferred.
- To qualify for the Tech II level: 2 - 4 years of experience in pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing, relevant cGMP experience required.
- Ability to multitask and proactively utilize critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment (GMP/FDA/DEA/OSHA) and strictly follow procedures.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend reports, technical and cGMP documents as well as correspondence
- A team player with a positive attitude and able to take initiative
- Superior attention to detail, safety, quality and customer requirements is critical.
About Catalent San Diego
Catalent San Diego, Inc. (Formerly Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc.) is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Catalent San Diego focuses on bringing client drug compounds from discovery to the clinic with services that include analytical development, preformulation testing, formulation development, GMP manufacturing and stability storage and testing. At Catalent San Diego, we recruit and develop exceptional individuals with a passion for science and determination to excel. We offer a technically challenging and stimulating environment and the opportunity to learn from the best. We provide a generous benefits package, on-site gym and fitness programs, team sports, activities and competitive compensation.
About Catalent Pharma Solutions
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help develop some of the nearly 200 products we launch each year or help supply over 7,000 products for patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where our professionals work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market, for the benefit of patients globally.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities, or contact us at +1 877 503 9493.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.