At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. We are looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Software engineer based out of Rolling Meadows, IL. As a Sr. Principal Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment and shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning and a culture of automation. Northrop Grumman is looking to add to our talented team of Embedded Software Engineers. Our engineers are self-starters who are part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software to meet our customer's high expectations. The Embedded Software Engineer/Principal Embedded Software Engineer designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products such as laboratory electronic warfare (EW) and Range training and simulation systems. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel. The ideal individual will have experience including the full software development life-cycle, which includes: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration. Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Software Engineer : - Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with 9+ years of experience or a MS degree in a STEM field with 7+ years of experience. - Experience in embedded software programming on CPUs , microcontrollers, DSPs or ARM cores embedded in FPGAs/SoCs - Experience with large project configuration management in Git or ClearCase. - Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems (Linux or VxWorks) - Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems - Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools. - Must have Interim Secret Clearance prior to start. Once started, must be able to obtain and maintain Active Secret Security Clearance Preferred Qualifications: - Understanding of high speed digital signal processing design
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing.
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with tools such as: communication bus analyzers
- Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML (Unified Modeling Language), OOAD (Object-orientated Analysis and Design) and OOP (Object Orientated Programming)
- Experience with interfaces such as: MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, Serial and/or
- Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
- Experience in embedded software programming on microcontrollers, DSPs (Digital Signal Processing) or ARM (Advanced RISC Machines) cores embedded in FPGAs (Field-Programmable Gate Arrays) /SoCs (System on a Chip)
- Understanding of digital signal processing design
- Differentiating characteristics include demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic self-starter Salary Range: $123,800 USD - $185,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Principal Software Engineer with Security Clearance
. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Principal Software Engineer with Security Clearance
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Agile Methodology
- Change Management
- Configuration Management