Description: Job Title: Specialist, Mechanical Engineering (TS/SCI w Poly Clearance Required)Job Code: SAS20221411-93408Job Location: Sterling, VAJob Description:
During its 120-year history, L3Harris has transformed communications and information technology. L3Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!Essential Functions:
We are looking for a driven mechanical engineer to perform process design, development, and qualification/testing tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms and electro-mechanical hardware, in a program team environment. Candidate is expected to own larger aspects of the system and be flexible with tasking as the program evolves. Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing may be required. Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, critical HW design and development and the ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment. Candidate must be willing to work within a lab environment and be hands-on with hardware.Qualifications:
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Top Secret Clearance with a CI Poly
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience.Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in design or development of precision mechanisms and mechatronic systems.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Creo and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in additive manufacturing, part optimization and design for manufacture and assembly a plus.
- Experience with actuators, custom gear trains, electro-optical systems, materials testing, and manufacturing processes are all a plus.
- 3d Model
- Counter Intelligence Polygraph (Ci Clearance)
- Design For Manufacture And Assembly (Dfma)