ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Business Development Manager Eastern is accountable to the Director BD and will support the attainment of financial budget and forecasts for ALS Tribology by meeting or exceeding all corporate and business goals related to development of business in designated region or market sector. Responsibilities and expectations include the following:
Business Development Services (70% of Time)
- Work with Director BD, Marketing, Business Stream Leaders and other internal and external resources to identify, qualify and develop new business development opportunities.
- Must acquire basic operational knowledge regarding new products and/or markets to create targeted sales plans for new business streams and actively pursue these opportunities.
- Engage in business development activities to cultivate new customers in the market. This would include understanding market changes, learning new players and making introduction with key decision makers.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans for new and existing business opportunities
- Monitor, manage and prioritize of all BD activities and sales pipeline using relevant CRM tool.
- Manage and participate in the preparation of major tenders (>$20K/yr.) for new and existing accounts to ensure the most effective sales strategy, and relevance, accuracy and quality of all information.
- Ensure that pricing, major tenders and new contracts undergo appropriate review with heavy emphasis on risk management.
- Project manage the on-boarding of new business opportunities for both traditional Tribology services and new service offerings.
- Work with the BD Team and Business Stream Leader to develop solution strategies and roadmaps. Identify solutions that enable the business strategy, competitive drivers, pricing strategy and future product development.
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities including pricing, services, market share and penetration and report significant activities to management.
- Frequently spend time in the “field” to maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of market conditions, challenges, opportunities, and needs.
- Work with marketing in the development of promotional material, website and media plan to ensure optimal media effectiveness.
Strategic Account Management (15% of Time)
- Work with nominated key accounts to ensure consistent, high quality account management and assist in the development of plans that will ensure account retention and maximize account performance.
- Collaborate with account managers and laboratory managers to address high-severity requests and issues.
- Be deeply engaged and knowledgeable of operations processes, industry landscape, best practices, and competitive drivers
- Provide feedback to account managers on current trends in market and client requests, with a view to ensuring current products/services meet the changing requirements of clients.
BD Process Development & Product Innovation (15% of Time)
- Plan and Coordinate implementation of processes/technologies that may improve the overall BD process.
- Monitor, review, and analyze new technology to assess the feasibility of utilizing the technology within the business based on business needs, budgets and resource availability.
- Assess new technologies to determine potential value for the business based on market trends, sales strategy etc.
The position requires strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate. This individual will have diverse technical and commercial background in Tribology services and must demonstrate understanding of both technical and commercial aspects of Product, Operations, Quality, and Business Development within the Condition Monitoring industries.
- Ensure that any materials created such as policies are properly named/numbered and version control practices are observed.
Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- To be familiar with the OH&S policies and procedures as applicable to this position scope.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Oil Analysis or related technical services field, marketing, or consulting with considerable experience in Business Development.
- Bachelor's degree or bona fide experience commiserate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technology, market directions and strategic application to business needs.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scope in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong business acumen in identifying opportunities, developing business cases, and delivering strategic solutions
- Ability to travel, up to 30%.
- Commit to listen to and understand others, act on ideas and suggestions, share relevant and accurate information and provide timely feedback when required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and CRM (Sales Force or similar)
- Ability to think strategically
- Culture building competencies
- Attention to detail, thorough and meticulous
- Takes responsibility and accountability
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality solutions within defined timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present ideas at all levels to achieve the required results.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Projects enthusiasm and motivation and a desire to learn
- Entrepreneurial thinker
- Ability to think laterally and logically
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Development Manager to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
New Business Development