To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Skippack, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Compliance Technician
The H&K Group • Skippack, PA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The H&K Group, Inc. is looking for the ideal Environmental, Health and Safety Technician! The field representative will work at the direction of the Environmental Compliance Manager in the implementation of the Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance program and operating procedures.
Candidates should have at least an associate's degree in environmental sciences occupational safety related or industrial hygiene related course of study, and two to three years of practical field experience. Experience with the development of safety plans, job hazard analysis, collection of samples, and interpretation of laboratory data is desired. Strong communication, technical writing, and use of Microsoft office platform is required. Other related experience and competencies in environmental compliance is a plus.
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Essential Abilities, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, collection and maintenance of safety data sheets (SDS) for all products, materials and chemicals maintained or utilized at H&K Group, Inc. facilities.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of hazard communications program designed to inform and protect the employees, public and environment of risks associated with products, materials and chemicals utilized at the workplace.
- Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring and maintenance of site and program specific health and safety plans addressing silica, lead and other risks as identified and designed to inform and protect the employees, public and environment of risks associated with products, materials and tasks performed in the workplace.
- Perform inspections and collects objective data and field sample at facilities and jobsites to determine corrective actions and workforce protection related to Respirable Crystalline Silica, Lead and other workplace products and chemicals as required.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and execution of comprehensive spill prevention countermeasure sand contingency (SPCC) and Preparedness, Contingency and Countermeasure (PPC) programs.
- Participate and assist in spill reporting, response and cleanup activities.
- Address inquiries while conducting field inspections at various company locations, ad assist in the preparation of action plans ad policy to address those inquiries and concerns.
- Provide technical assistance in event of a spill or release of a regulated substance; identify potential pollutant sources, determine potential impacts and liabilities and recommend and assist in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintain working knowledge of new technologies, practices, standards and regulations developed by industry and government sources.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!