SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
The Client Onboarding and Platform Support team (COPS) is a tight-knit group of specialists supporting the global SS&C Private Equity business. Consisting of PE SMEs, PMs, CPAs, and data experts, the team ensures that new business is implemented, validated, and ready for servicing across the full SS&C platform in alignment with both internal and external expectations.
Based in our new offices in Times Square, NYC, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for completing projects focused on the conversion of historical partnership accounting data from varying sources onto SS&C systems. This individual will work closely with the Client Service and Technology teams to analyze source data and reporting needs, design an approach, map and migrate, and reconcile as appropriate. This is a project-based role providing broad exposure across Private Equity clients and investment strategies.
Ownership and execution of on-boarding and conversion projects, including plan management, creation of data conversion templates, and reconciliation to source documents
- Work closely with Private Equity business lines (i.e., fund accounting, technology and operations) to ensure full scope of conversion is addressed appropriately
- Create and maintain CRM and Accounting data conversion templates
- Prepare accounting data (cleansing and formatting) using advanced Microsoft Excel tools
- Reconcile detailed data (LP and GP allocations, capital activity and balances) to source documents; research and clear open issues and breaks
- Reconcile demographics and financials for converted fund accounts including creation and input of general ledger adjustment entries
- Develop and maintain documentation for audit purposes.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years practical work experience within Accounting
- Alternative Investments experience (ie. Institutional Investor, Administrator, or Fund)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft office suite (strong w/Excel tools)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- CPA preferred
- Private Equity experience preferred
- FIS Investran experience preferred
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.