Smile America Partners, the world’s leading dental service organization specializing in portable and mobile dentistry, is seeking a Traveling Dentist to help provide dental services to the children throughout several states.
If you’re interested in an exciting opportunity, with the chance to explore new areas, while giving back to children in need, please email your contact information to Email blocked - click to apply or apply directly at URL blocked - click to apply.
Our Dentists Enjoy:
- Weekends and summers off!
- Competitive Daily Rate, Sign-on Bonus, and paid travel accommodations
- License Fees Covered
- Malpractice Insurance Covered
- A unique and rewarding work environment
- Working a school day schedule giving you time to explore a new city!
- State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
- Latest technology & digital radiography
- Treatment autonomy
- No administrative hassle
- DMD or DDS degree from a dental education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- At least 2 years of experience practicing dentistry
- Ability to be licensed and credentialed in multiple states
- Current, valid license to practice dentistry in state where providing care (License must be in good standing) or eligible for licensure
- Experience working in a fast pace environment while still providing a high quality of care
- Works well with both children & adults
- Other certifications as required by state to include: CPR, DEA, etc.
- Flexible with traveling Monday-Thursday through the cities/states needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literate
General Working Conditions:
Who We Are
This position entails situations of prolonged sitting and standing, as well as working in tight spaces. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to lift 50+ pounds and assist with unloading, set up, break down, and reloading equipment from mobile van into school and back to mobile van. This position requires the dexterity and motor skills to handle dental instruments, x-ray equipment, sterilizers, air compressors and other equipment as needed to perform job tasks. The employee must follow safety guidelines to protect themselves and patients from infectious diseases and associated risks with the x-ray machine. The work environment is fast paced, requiring adaptability to interact with children and adults.
Smile America Partners is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile America Partners provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile America Partners affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile America Partners is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile America Partners.
Smile America Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.