Precision Tune Auto Care began as a small tune up shop in Beaumont, TX in 1976 and has grown to more than 320 service centers operating in six countries. We are a recognized world leader in the automotive service industry and have been a top rated franchise 500 company for more than 30 years! Our service centers provide total car care, from oil changes to engine replacement, diagnostics, auto repair and scheduled maintenance. Our culture is focused on integrity, vehicle safety and customer care. Precision Tune Auto Care is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. (“Icahn Enterprises”; NASDAQ: IEP).
The Automotive Mechanic must professionally inspect, diagnose and repair tire and automotive services, while delivering an excellent customer experience. They are responsible for explaining technical diagnoses and needed repairs to co-workers and customers. The Mechanic is expected to continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay updated with rapidly changing automotive technology and perform work in accordance with specifications. The Mechanic will also train and mentor co-workers as well as maintain clean and safe work areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic, exhaust, basic electrical, cooling system, suspension and alignment, perform all maintenance services.
* Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (General Service Technician).
* Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
* Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
* Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
* Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
* Maintain an organized and neat shop.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review the following to measure your fit for this role:
* A High School Diploma or GED
* 6 months of automotive mechanical problem-solving and repair experience.
* Section 609 Certification PREFERRED
* State Inspection license if applicable
* High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen
* Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
* Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
* Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
* Possesses fine motor skills to safely operate tools.
* Climb up and down ladders to retrieve merchandise.
* Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
* Enters and locates information on computer.
* Visually verifies information, often in small print.
* Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Suspension (Vehicle)
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cooling Systems