If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare is seeking a Help Desk/PC Technician to join our team. The Help Desk/PC Technician provides entry-level technical support in the day-to-day operations of computers, workstations, laptops, printers and other related computing resources. Will also provide software application support to end users via telephone or on-site, including pre-scheduled on call support. Performs routine technical support tasks such as re-imaging systems, re-installing software, upgrading memory, installing new hard drive.
In addition to regular work hours, this role will require a weeklong on-call rotation every 7 weeks.
- Monitors telephone calls from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software or hardware
- Make preliminary identification of problems encountered by network users to determine if they are due to equipment, network or application errors. Escalate to appropriate personnel as needed to achieve resolution
- Provide technical support to internal staff; assist staff in making hardware, software and network changes; respond to questions about information regarding operating systems, network use and interoperability of systems
- Maintain Help Desk logs and records
- Setup new computers including connecting keyboard, mouse and monitor to PC, checking for proper operation and installation of software
- Perform basic hardware fixes such as rebooting computers, checking for connection to outlets, replacing printer cartridges, etc.
- Create user accounts in accordance with the security procedures outlined by the Infrastructure Director
- Create and maintain end user documentation
- Perform related duties as may be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School/GED equivalent
- Active Directory for user account creations and security groups
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associates in Computer Science
- CompTIA A+
- Customer Service experience in service industries
- Knowledge of a Help Desk ticketing/tracking system (ServiceNow)
- RSA SecurID
- Bomgar for remote support
- Mac IOS
- MS System Center
- MS Office Suite 2016/36 and Teams
- Citrix Xenapp
- Dell Desktop/Laptops
- HP Desktop/Laptops
- HP and Savin Printers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.