Logistics done differently.
Strong leadership, management and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our operations at XPO Logistics. As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the terminal operations team meets and exceeds customer requirements. Join us at XPO and we’ll give you the tools and support you need to excel at your job, while building a career you’ll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Monitor terminal activity, including reviewing operational reports, assessing partner/carrier performance and solving delivery challenges to ensure customer requirements are met
- Supervise and plan daily operations; plan for the following business day, including tasks such as pending long-haul moves
- Manage per-diem avoidance, distribute dropped equipment reporting tools and ensure procedures related to per-diem and demurrage are followed consistently
- Process chassis invoices and rebilling as needed
- Train operations staff on company policies and procedures
- Monitor dispatch/contractor relationships; ensure effective communication between dispatchers to maximize utilization of driver capacity and equipment
- Act as a back-up and provide coverage for the Terminal Manager and dispatchers as needed
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in trucking or related field
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior management experience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.