Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Marriott Vacation Club®
Marriott Vacation Club is a global leader in the vacation ownership industry and highly regarded for its quality and unique flexibility. The more than 50 Marriott Vacation Club properties throughout the United States, Caribbean, Europe and Asia offer a lifetime of memorable vacations to more than 413,000 Owner families and feature 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas with spacious interiors. In 2010, the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ program was introduced offering unmatched experiences and unparalleled flexibility through the use of Vacation Club Points in four Collections that can be tailored to fit an Owner's travel needs. For details, please visit MarriottVacationClub.com.
The Facilities Management Development Program (MDP) is offered at select locations in Orlando, FL.
Offered at U.S. based resorts, the Facilities Management Development Program (MDP) is an intensive immersion program offering participants work experience throughout a resort. Working in a resort and with site leadership, participants will also have the opportunity to develop and demonstrate their leadership, management and hospitality skills.
The MDP is designed to last 6-12 months depending upon the participant's previous experience and the needs of the property. The site leaders and regional HR leaders will work with successful participants to place them in management positions upon completion of the MDP.
Participants will have a specialization department where they will spend a minimum of 15 weeks, see departments shown below. The participant will spend time working in other complimentary departments during their training. The time spent in each department will depend upon the specialization department and a participant could expect to spend 1-4 weeks in up to 5 complimentary departments.
The Facilities Management Development Program (MDP) will specialize in the Engineering department:
Some Key Areas of Focus in Facilities Management:
- Common Facility Manager terminology/acronyms
- Resorts Facility Manager operational structure
- Facility Manager standards and managing work orders
- Frequency and structure of the inspection process
- Safety programs, including: OSHA Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Risk Management, SDS and EPA overview
- Energy conservation
- Complete evaluation of the Facility Manager Operations Review
Participants will be expected to learn and preform the job duties of the positions within the Engineering department. For example, in an Engineering rotation the participant may be expected to learn various leadership and hourly roles within the deparment, and also have the opportunity to lead shifts and work on special projects.
Participants will also learn what drives Guest Satisfaction and Associate Engagement on site will have opportunities to contribute to these important matters. Participants will be introduced to and have the opportunity to demonstrate the company's values and core beliefs.
- Candidates will need to have earned a Bachelor's Degree by the time they begin the MDP.
- It is preferred that the candidate majored in Facilities Management, Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or HVAC.
- Candidates should be recent graduates within the current semester or up to one year post graduation.
- Prior Facilities Management or Construction Management experience preferred.
- Past Interns who are interested in the MDP will be considered first. Previous performance rating will be taken into consideration.
Standards of Dress & Grooming
- All participants must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation Policy HR-EMP-19 Standards of Appearance
- All participants for whom a uniform has been provided must wear the appropriate uniform. Uniforms must be neat and clean at all times. Alterations to uniforms are allowed only if prior approval has been obtained from a supervisor/manager. Missing buttons should be replaced and tears or holes repaired before the uniform is worn.
- Non-uniformed participants should dress with good business taste and in clothing appropriate to their jobs. Good business taste does not include blue jeans, shorts, spandex pants, tank tops, midriffs, halter tops, or other generally recognized casual sportswear. Dress or skirt length should be no shorter than four inches above the knee. All interns must wear proper undergarments. Corporate office interns must adhere to policy EMP-20 Corporate Office Business Dress Guidelines.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.