The Test and Validation Technician is a key contributor in all phases of development and testing electrified drivetrains at Meritor/TransPower. The technician will perform complex testing operations and develop testing techniques and equipment. This a full-time hourly non-exempt position with a first shift work schedule. The technician must be willing to flex time as necessary, including weekends to meet commitments.
The Test and Validation Technician will be responsible for operation, maintenance and system upgrades to test vehicles and stationary test equipment, including:
• Overseeing safe operation, inspection, service and repair of Medium and Heavy-Duty electric vehicles and stationary component test benches
• Working closely with engineering staff to assure trucks and components are performing as requested during testing at the prototype through production level of development
• Working alongside engineers to create and develop test plans and test solutions for a variety of technical problems and validation requirements
• Designs and builds prototypes of planned products or equipment
• Assists in creating and modifying drawings/plans for test products, equipment and/or processes
• Analyzes system or product performance with observations and analysis of recorded digital data
• Compile test data and generate pre/post-test inspection reports
• Assembly, operation and troubleshooting of custom test equipment
• Removal and installation of prototype components in development trucks and test benches
• Maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs to test articles
• Calibration of test measurement equipment
• Specification and ordering of parts from suppliers/catalogs and purchase through internal purchase requisition system
• Diagnosing mechanical and electrical problems and determining how to correct them using equipment manuals, parts catalogs or drawings as necessary
• Maintaining detailed electronic records of project documentation, records of repairs performed, delays, etc.
• Performing duties safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Flexibility, initiative and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands
• Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Work in a professional manner, interfacing with internal and external customers across organizational levels.
• Communicate project status, barriers, and results effectively through meetings and written documentation.
• Provide technical support to Meritor/TransPower Test and Validation Team and other entities in areas of responsibility.
• Ability to use arithmetic to analyze data in Microsoft Excel
• Continuously improve individual and team performance through training and process improvement.
• Attendance and safety compliance consistent with Company policies and Team guidelines.
• Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or Associates degree or diploma in Automotive Diesel or Electric Vehicle Technology and 5 years job-related experience in the field of engine testing or repair to ensure a solid knowledge of vehicle behavior and parameters
• Proficiency with hand tools used in Medium and Heavy-Duty vehicle maintenance
• Eligible to obtain/maintain valid Commercial Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Knowledge of electric vehicle theory, operation, mechanical system repair/alteration and electronic controls
• Experience in a mechanical equipment testing environment
• Knowledge or experience with data acquisition systems
• Experience with High and Low Voltage electrical vehicle systems
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Electric Vehicle
- Installations (Computer Systems)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)