Medical Appointment Scheduler
Specialty doctor's offce in Mooresville is looking for an Appointment Scheduler. Temp to perm. Regular business hours. Pay $14-15/hour.
- Call center setting.
- Take calls from queue and make patient appointments per next available time slot.
- Very high volume -- 300+ calls/day.
- Verify benefits.
- Cancel and re-schedule appointments as requested by patients/doctors and advise appropriate staff of re-schedules.
- Obtain needed PCP referrals prior to office visits and procedures.
- Review doctor's schedules as needed ensuring no holes in physician schedules.
- Confirm patient's insurance and demographic information in the computer system. Set up new patient accounts in NextGen.
- Load referrals into NextGen.
- Must possess ability to work independently.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Prepare and mail new patient packets.
- Participates in staff educational activities as required.
- Ensures that office supplies and equipment are maintained appropriately.
- Attends required meetings as requested.
- 1+ years of experience appointment scheduling within a large medical office.
- 1+ years of high call volume or call center experience.
- High School Diploma
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone and computer skills.
- Good medical terminology skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and EMR.
- Knowledge of patient account policies and practices of the clinic.
- Knowledge of organizations' policies and procedures.
- Must accurately input demographic and appointment data into Mega West.
- Skill in general office procedures, data entry, and telephone etiquette.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
•1+ years of experience appointment scheduling within a large medical office. Front desk experience will be considered if appointment scheduling was one of assigned tasks.
•High School Diploma
•Good verbal and written communication skills.
•Good telephone and computer skills.
•Good medical terminology skills.
•Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
•Must demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
•Knowledge of medical terminology and EMR.
•Knowledge of patient account policies and practices of the clinic.
•Knowledge of organizations' policies and procedures.
•Must accurately input demographic and appointment data into Mega West.
•Skill in general office procedures, data entry, and telephone etiquette.
•Good written and verbal communication skills.
Electronic Medical Record
Provide Logistical Support