Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a qualified attorney for a position in the UnitedHealthcare legal department on the Government Programs Network Legal Team. This Associate General Counsel role supports the UnitedHealthcare Networks and Individual Exchange business teams as legal and strategic advisor to company's provider network related initiatives.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide a full range of legal advice and services and may specialize in one of more areas such as contracts law, benefits law, transactional work, regulatory and compliance, insurance law, and commercial law
- Support the UnitedHealthcare Networks and Individual Exchange business teams as counsel to senior leadership in the development, structuring and execution of all aspects of the company's relationship with healthcare providers.
- Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of the Individual Exchange business unit within UnitedHealth Group so as to best advise senior business leaders as they develop strategy and pursue enterprise goals
- Draft and negotiate provider agreements, including participation agreements, amendments, value-based contracting, payment appendices, and regulatory appendices
- Provide legal support on a variety of issues involving providers in the Individual Exchange network including contract interpretation, payment methodologies, regulatory requirements, performance-based compensation arrangements, provider administrative guides, provider disputes, and contract terminations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- License to practice law in one or more states
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of complex contract drafting and explaining legal risks to business clients
- Expertise, judgement and presence to advise senior leadership on legal matters
- Knowledge of U.S. and state contract law, corporate health care and/or regulatory law
- Proven success in collaborating across a large, matrixed business and legal environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business problems and ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Ability to drive results.Strong work ethic
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Strong understanding of health insurance and/or managed care industry, and contract negotiation
- Experience with regulatory agencies and administrative experience with state insurance regulations
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented workplace
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- Live within the vicinity of the specific career opportunity, but will consider telecommuters
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate General Counsel, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, JD, Legal, Health Care, Managed Care, Contracting, Individual Exchange, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home