To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Compassus • Mountain Grove, MO
Posted 21 hours ago
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
“I love that we put the patient and family first in hospice. A life can come into a dark place and we can help them realize that it’s not as dark they think.”
-Shannon, Social Worker
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. For our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice Social Worker to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
As a Social Worker, you will provide preventive, educational, and evaluative and treatment services to meet the psycho-social needs of patients and their families, to help them improve, restore, and maintain their maximum level of coping. You will utilize community resources and the members of the interdisciplinary team to aid in this process.
- Provide direct social work services and counseling, facilitate placements and monitor patient’s adjustment
- Complete assessments of each patient, review and explain hospice services, and address financial concerns for the family
- Develop and utilize community resources
- Maintain working relationships with community agencies
- Provide education and in-services to contract agencies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities in the community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Education, Experience, and Certifications
(A) Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (preferred)
(B) Has a Bachelor’s Degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work; and has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting and is supervised by an MSW
(C) Has a Bachelor’s Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by Compassus before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by an MSW
- Alabama – Minimum requirement of BSW and licensure in the state of Alabama
- California – Minimum requirement of MSW and clinical experience relevant to the psychosocial needs of patients and families; an individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in California
- Colorado – Minimum requirement of BSW from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, Master’s degree preferred (MSW)
- Connecticut - Minimum requirement of MSW from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; an individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in Connecticut
- Louisiana – Masters’ Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and documented clinical experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill
- Massachusetts - Social Worker means an individual who is currently licensed to practice social work under the licensure categories of Licensed Independent Practitioner of Clinical Social Work, or Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed Social Worker.
- Mississippi - Masters’ Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and at least one year of documented clinical experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill
- New Hampshire – Masters’ degree from a graduate school of social work OR a bachelor’s degree in a related health or human services field, with at least 2 years’ experience as a social worker and the individual has established a consultative relationship with a masters’ prepared social worker
New Jersey - NJ defines social work practice in 2 ways – as clinical and non-clinical.
- Clinical social work includes:
- Clinical assessment, clinical case work, psychotherapeutic counseling, individual advocacy, supervision of others in clinical/ non-clinical practice
- Requires a Masters’ Degree in Social Work and Licensure in the state of New Jersey (LCSW or LSW)
- Non-clinical social work includes:
- Social work assessment, social work counseling, social work consultation and social work planning
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work and Certification in the state of New Jersey (CSW)
- Clinical social work includes:
- New Mexico – Licensure is required, BSW is minimum education required but must be supervised by MSW, MSW is preferred education for hospice social worker
- Ohio – Licensure required
- Oklahoma – Licensure required
- South Carolina – Licensure required
- Texas - active licensure in the state of Texas as a master social worker (MSW) and one year of social work experience in a health care setting; or active licensure in the state of Texas as a baccalaureate social worker, one year of social work experience in a health care setting, and if employed by Compassus after December 2, 2008, must be supervised by a qualified MSW.
- Wisconsin – minimum of BSW from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and certification by the state of Wisconsin
- West Virginia – minimum of BSW and licensure according to education level (LSW = BSW + license, LMSW = MSW + license, LCSW = MSW + practice hours + license)
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.