SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As a member of the Corporate Development team, the Director, Corporate Development and Mergers & Acquisitions North America supports the development and overall external growth strategy of SGS in the North America (US, Canada and Mexico). Works closely with business and regional teams to identify potential targets and execute transactions. Takes ownership of acquisition projects and processes, including preparing the investment case (strategic rationale and valuation), conducting due diligence (in cooperation with external advisers and internal experts) and reviewing legal documentation.Primary Responsibilities:
- Leads regional and business initiatives in developing and identifying suitable acquisition targets.
- Prepares and supports the internal review of acquisition projects.
- Reviews financial statements, produces financial and strategic assessments of acquisition.
- Performs valuation analysis and generate financial and valuation models.
- Manages acquisition processes, coordinates due diligence with external advisers and internal teams, drafts proposals and offer letters and legal documentation, negotiates transactions leading up to closing.
- Monitors and coordinates the integration process with local management, business management and supporting functions.
- Prepares post-transaction analysis, including purchase price allocation.
- Produces presentations, spreadsheets, information memoranda, term sheets, etc.
- Occasionally (up to 10% of time) provides remote (no travel required) support to Corporate Development and M&A function in South & Central American region.
- Maintains transaction information in the company’s databases.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar discipline
- Minimum 10 years of broad project management, strategy projects, M&A execution, in large corporate, investment bank or private equity
- Experience of successful M&A transactions throughout the entire M&A lifecycle, including landscape analysis, pipeline development, strategic due diligence, transaction management and post-merger integration, financial transactions, corporate and business strategy
- Advanced level knowledge of English required; Spanish – preferred
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Ability to generate results through influence in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the financial modelling and valuation skills
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation and influencing skills
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – advanced user proficiency
- Ability to motivate without a direct line of authority
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in ambiguous situations.
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities and produce results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply
for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.