Michael Baker International knows the business of airports – from the smallest general aviation facilities to the busiest international airports in the world. For more than 75 years, we have provided planning, design, and construction services to airports worldwide, serving as an on-call “extension of staff” to many of our aviation clients. Michael Baker's award-winning personnel have a reputation for taking their understanding of the local airport community / environment and incorporating related elements into their designs and plans. Knowing that airports are a key economic driver and source of pride for the geographic areas they serve, we proudly perform as partners in more than facilities and other infrastructure. We partner in success.
We currently have an opportunity in our Norcross, GA. office for a Civil EIT to join our Aviation Engineering group. The position will report directly to the Aviation Department Manager or Project Manager and will involve planning, design, and construction engineering for airports and other transportation projects. The role will include:
- Geometric layout of roadways, parking lots and airfield facilities
- Drainage design to support airfield, roadway and parking lot projects
- Civil / site design to support airport building structures
- Preparation of technical specifications for landside and airside projects
- Preparation of construction cost estimates
- Writing engineer’s reports
- Developing graphics for client presentations
- Performing construction engineering services including shop drawing review, responses to contractor questions and periodic construction site visits.
The candidate should be a motivated self-starter who displays a passion for solving problems, interacting in a team environment, and meeting established deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- Engineer-in-Training (passed the fundamentals of engineering exam)
- 0+ years of experience in aviation, roadway, and/or site development engineering; Relevant prior internship preferred for new graduates
- AutoCAD software experience preferred, including Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software
The approximate compensation range for this position is $64,470 to $88,682. This compensation range is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation is dependent upon factors such as education, qualifications, experience, skillset, and physical work location.
- Auto Cad
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word