This position will perform various tasks associated with acquisition, recording, correction, transfer, and release of vehicle certificates of title or other security interest instruments for the retail automobile loan portfolio. The primary objectives of this position are the timely receipt of accurate vehicle titles or other security interest instruments, and the timely release of titles and liens on paid in full customer accounts. Additional duties include facilitating transfers of registration and corrections to titles.
This individual will interact with other departments as a service-provider, and interact with external entities such as dealerships, motor vehicle departments, and vendors as a service-recipient. The position also includes a significant component of direct interaction with Westlake customers, as required.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and will demonstrate good judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes incoming Vehicle Lien Registrations, including faxes and original documents.
• Processes incoming paper Certificates of Title or other security interest instruments.
• Makes outbound contacts with dealerships regarding resolution of outstanding and overdue titles.
• Makes outbound contacts with state motor vehicle departments to determine status of pending titles.
• Facilitates transfers of registration for customers re-locating across state lines.
• Monitors and updates dealers on funds-hold due to overdue titles.
• Responds to general customer inquiries regarding vehicle titles and registration issues.
• Responds to internal title and registration inquiries.
• Processes release of lien on paid in full accounts, routing titles or other security interest instruments to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
• Processes release of lien on settled insurance loss accounts, routing titles other security interest instruments to insurance companies in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the department Manager.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
• Superior data entry skills.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work under time constraints and daily deadlines.
• Versatility in job functionality and quick to assimilate procedural changes.
• Good interpersonal skills and teamwork awareness.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Previous work experience in motor vehicle lien processing and/or vehicle title administration, preferably in the automotive finance industry or retail automobile sales.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
• Daybreak or other retail consumer servicing systems.
• Web navigation and/or web-based applications.
• Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• 10-key calculator and QWERTY keyboard skills.
• Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.