Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architecture tasks including data analysis, data modeling, and performance optimization
- Expose data to business teams particular to support BI development
- Design, develop, unit test and maintain ETL jobs to create or enhance data warehouses / marts
- Develop processes and code to ingest data into cloud data repositories
- Some production support including nights and weekends as needed
- Collaborate with delivery and technical teams on activities within Agile / Scrum teams
- Team player with aptitude to teach and learn new technologies
- Proactive thinker, self-driven, great team player, and drive innovation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in ETL & data processing with tools such as SSIS, Erwin, DataBricks, Informatica, Azure Data Factory
- 4+ years of intermediate to advanced SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience in a large cloud data repository, particularly within Azure
- Experience in building pipelines to migrate data from on-prem to cloud data repositories (e.g., Snowflake, DataBricks, Synapse)
- Experience in ingesting data into cloud repositories from sources including flat files, SQL server, Kafka, CDC and Web APIs
- Experience with development work to support data migration, cloud applications and related work
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience specifically with Informatica
- Experience developing within an agile (i.e. Scrum or Kanban) framework
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Coordinating with offshore team
- Solid soft skills (e.g. communication, interpersonal, collaborative, resilient)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Sr Data Engineer, ETL Tool, ETL, Data Warehouses, Data Marts, SQL, PowerShell, Unix, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, BI Reporting, Healthcare, Pharmacy, PBM, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH