78 Atlantic Place
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is seeking an Educator I to assist in developing, coordinating and implementing education and training activities, as well as, supporting the onboarding and retention of staff.
Join our talented, engaged, supportive and process oriented Training and Development Center team, made up of Educators, Data Management Specialists, and Clinicians.
Responsibilities of the Educator include:
* Maintain collaborative relationships with clinical, administrative and support services to deliver education, training and orientation
* Collaborate and coordinate with other employees to meet specific goals of education and training activities
* Assume teaching responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to, CPR, Restraint Skills Lab and Safety-Care ™, incorporating adult learning principles as indicated
MaineHealth offers a robust benefits package that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
* Education: High School Diploma or equivalent referred.
* License/Certifications: Safety - Care ™ Instructor Certification and BLS Healthcare Provider CPR Instructor certification or successful certification within the first 30 days of hire.
* Experience: 2+ years of employment in the field of mental health working directly with clients/patients. Experience teaching adult learners preferred.
* Ability to work collaboratively with team members. Subject matter experts and leadership to produce online and in-person training materials
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback
* Proficient computer skills in MS Word is required; PowerPointWord, PowerPoint and Excel is required; learning management software and electronic health record skills preferred
MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
- Adult Education
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works