Job Summary: As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for various daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting functions, including but not limited to review and postings of payable, receivable and payroll transactions. You will supervise 2 employees in order to support the ethanol facility's accounting and administration functions.
Senior Accountant - Madison, IL
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop personnel, ensuring they have the necessary skills and knowledge for their position.
- Review and post commodity and accounts payable batches to include proper commodity settlement, receipt verification, sales tax accuracy and authorizations.
- Research and resolve vendor calls regarding accounts payable.
- Verify and apply cash receipts to A/R transactions.
- Generate and print accounts payable and commodity payable checks.
- Prepare inventory reconciliations, month-end work papers and other month-end duties as assigned.
- Verify and enter daily bank transactions.
- Other duties as may be assigned to accomplish the safe and timely day-to-day operations within the administrative office.
- Two-year accounting/business degree and 3-5 years accounting experience preferred.
- Specific Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work with all levels of staff (co-workers and management)
- Excellent Microsoft and Excel software skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent phone and verbal skills
- Basic knowledge of modern clerical practices
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use; frequent telephone use; some lifting or moving up to 10 lbs.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Data Entry