CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Registered Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Will utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
1. Perform general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
2. Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
3. Obtain and document health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
4. Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
5. Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitor and document treatment progress and patient response. Refer to/consult with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
6. Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
7. Document patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
8. Participate in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
9. Track quality assurance data and monitor for acute and chronic care management.
10. May act as team lead for other nursing staff.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
* Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state licensing board required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
* 1 year related experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure, and functions; and community resources. Understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
* Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
* Maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
* Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.