$80000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
There's currently an opening for a permanent Senior Accountant to bring their knowledge and expertise to a growing company in the Service industry in the North Houston, Texas area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be required to perform financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position comes with a strong compensation and benefits package, including a long-term potential opportunity for the candidate. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the continued success of the firm. This Senior Accountant role is with a company in the Service field and is located in Houston, Texas.
What you get to do every single day
- Contribute to coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Produce error-free monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Continuously analyze current automation of the accounting and reporting process and present improvement suggestions
- Administer Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Supply Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment, to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Skilled at time management
- Foundational knowledge in journal entries
- Accruals experience highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong familiarity with financial statement preparation
- Monthly Financial Statements experience required
- Adeptness in financial reconciliation
- Comprehensive knowledge of Annual Financial Reporting
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Skill with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Accountant
for more information.
- Accounting Control
- Accrual Accounting
- Attention To Detail