Location: Open to prospective employee preference: (Albany, NY; Baltimore, MD; Buffalo, NY; New York, New York; Philadelphia, PA; Rochester, NY or Washington DC) Overview:
Has overall accountability for the financial performance of an investment banking engagement or defined solution sets, is the key point of contact to external and internal clients, works with senior and executive management on a routine basis to coordinate the effort of work teams within the Bank.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling all aspects of the client relationship including directing or coordinating the execution of various types of transactions.
- Identify "deal appropriate" strategies and negotiate terms and agreements.
- Market new business opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate records have been kept and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in civic and cultural organizations.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Has management responsibility of a defined product set or has demonstrated the ability for a sustained period of time (7 to 10 years) to consistently generate new revenue by sourcing engagements, has demonstrated the ability to manage deal teams and lead engagements to a successful completion.
Most senior level position involved with Investment Banking activities.
The position requires extensive external (prospective customers) and internal (various Bank personnel) to fully perform responsibilities.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Will supervise all employees in the Investment Banking hierarchy (i.e. Director, VP, Associate, etc.).Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and twelve years' previous work experience in investment banking or a related field with at least four years' in a supervisory capacity, or in lieu of a degree, sixteen years' equivalent work experience with at least four years' in a supervisory capacity.
Series 7 or 52 (business unit dependent).
Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, graphing, and presentations with a detailed knowledge of financial models.
Knowledge of Windows and PC software programs.Education and Experience Preferred:
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and ten years' previous work experience in investment banking or a related field with at least four years' in a supervisory capacity.
Individual must be comfortable working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and be able to handle a high-level of responsibility.
Must possess strong analytical, written and verbal skills as well as demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Strong analytical ability.
Ability to communicate complex subject matter in an understandable level.
Ability to work under critical time constraints.
Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.