To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60603
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Level 1 Desktop Support Technician
Kforce Technology • Chicago, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is in search of a Level 1 Desktop Support Technician to assist our client onsite performing both helpdesk and desk-side support duties in Chicago, Illinois (IL).
This position is a 4-month contract and will include 40 hours per week with a shift that may require coverage for Saturday 7am - 4pm hours as part of the assigned shift. This position will involve answering the phone to assist end-users with technical issues and helping to resolve problems or escalating to Level 2 personnel as needed.
- Responsible for first response in answering, commenting and replying to open incidents in the help desk
- Responsible for answering, commenting and replying to help desk inquiries
- Ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority and forward tickets to engineers and techs
- Update and maintain company contacts
- Assist support staff with field work as needed
- Sets up and operates computer and machinery peripheral to computer for purpose of providing information to requesting clients
- Work requires knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run computer systems
- Employee will receive moderate supervision with on-the job training
- After completion of training, employee will receive minimal supervision
- Employee will take direction from the Customer identified Manager and perform tasks within the Level I skill set requirements
- Able to identify and organize tickets according to priority
- Escalate tickets to engineers and technicians
- Assist with fieldwork as requested
- Sets and loads computer equipment with required items and prepares computer equipment for operation
- Operates computer for purpose of providing information to requesting clients and/or engineers
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions and Enterprise level experience performing help-desk or desktop support duties
- Equivalent education or certifications
- CompTIA A+ Certification is a huge plus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong aptitude in O.S. repairs, spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, troubleshooting, and upgrades
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.