Getting our start in 1995, QDOBA has grown to more than 740 restaurants in the U.S. and Canada. Even though our footprint has grown tremendously in the past 20 years, we’ve always stayed true to our brand promise: Bringing Flavor to People’s Lives. We believe the flavor of our people is the most important ingredient to QDOBA’s success. We are an optimistic and entrepreneurial collective that celebrates positivity, creativity, and innovation. At our core, we are a glass half-full, can-do bunch, united as one to make a great brand.
Reports to Director, Off-Premises Strategy and Innovation
More and more, our guests want to enjoy delicious QDOBA flavors at their locations instead of ours. Growing sales in off-premises channels is a high profile and key strategic priority for QDOBA. As the Manager of Off-Premises Innovation, you will help implement our off-premises strategy. You will develop new sales channels for the brand and participate in efforts to optimize our current off-premises sales channels. You will work cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Menu, I.T., Restaurant Development, and Franchise Operators in this hands-on role that combines consumer understanding, operations execution, and cross-functional project leadership.
- Implement QDOBA’s off-premises strategy, which includes adding new sales channels and optimizing existing channels to drive more growth
- Develop new off-premises sales channels such as drive-thru, curbside pickup, dark kitchens, virtual brands, grab & go formats, etc. This includes contributing to the business case to pursue the channel/innovation, helping to define the go-to-market strategy, and leading cross-functional teams to execute the vision
- Follow off-premises trends among consumers and restaurant/retail chains to identify new channels or innovations that can add incremental sales layers
- Test, Evaluate and Deploy technology and procedures to improve the speed, accuracy, efficiency, and hospitality of our current off-premises operations
- Quickly adapt existing marketplace solutions for QDOBA to accelerate sales
- Assist our franchisees to execute off-premises initiatives
- Keep all stakeholders informed on key projects, issues and solutions
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or Operations.
- 5+ years of experience in operation or marketing in a restaurant or retail business, ideally within a franchise model
- Experience leading initiatives and building new sales layers for start-up or established businesses
- Proven experience in project leadership of complex initiatives executed by internal and external cross-functional teams and driving change management
- Passion for researching information, solving problems, and critical thinking
- A high level of emotional intelligence and willingness to embrace ambiguity with flexibility and agility
- Experience and comfort operating in a fast growth environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Physical Requirements - Ability to speak/hear clearly in person and on the telephone. Ability to travel up to 10-15% of time to restaurants or other locations as business needs require. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
Qdoba is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Restaurant Operation