Job Description for Sr. Data Engineer role:
This candidate will be responsible for maintaining and evolving our BI platform on SQL Server, optimizing the existing data warehouse, building new models or data marts and supporting the current development team in further building and accessing processed data. They will collaborate closely with analysts, data developers, and executive stakeholders.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Creating and maintaining optimal data analytics architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional & non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction,transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
- 5 or more years of experience architecting, designing, and maintaining an enterprise level Microsoft data environment including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience in MS SQL Server with strong database structures exposure.
- Experience maintaining a data warehouse environment in a large scale environment.
- Experience establishing metrics/goals for a team of people.
- Azure experience.
- Tableau development experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems,Business Administration or another quantitative field.
Sql Server Reporting Services
Sql Server Analysis Services
Sql Server Integration Services
Sql (Programming Language)