** If Interested in the opportunity below please send updated resume to Nikki Chambers at Email blocked - click to apply **
Job Title: Sr. Engineering Support Specialist
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Engineering Support Specialist will assist engineering in providing Tier 3 support services to customers and Tier 2 customer support. Additionally, this position will assist engineers in collecting and evaluating data for ongoing and new projects and called upon to do some analysis and development work.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support on-going Tier 3 (engineering) customer support and diagnostic activities.
- Develop automation scripts in SQL (Oracle & MS SQL Server), and UNIX shell scripting to resolve software issues reported by Hum IoT devices in production.
- Write Queries in Elastic Search to visualize the data for support activities.
- Perform Splunk queries and automation to monitor the device logs and raise alerts when required.
- Conduct in-depth analysis on Hum device logs, identify gaps and issues, and make recommendations, including discovering new approaches.
- Assist engineering and individual engineers with data collection activities.
- Write and execute SQL queries for reporting and research purposes.
- Use Verizon Wireless tools, including MARS, MTAS and ACSS to identify device connectivity issues, to monitor network logs and to proactively fix device authentication issues.
- Reduce redundancy of report requests from business users by creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports using SQL Query.
- Perform analysis of vehicle issues being reported by customers related to the operation of Hum and the interaction with the other computer control units in the vehicle.
- Develop utilities, test tools and product features under the supervision of other developers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with SQL queries and database operations.
- Two or more years with Java or other high-level computer programming language.
- Experience in computer application skills, such as MS Office or G-Suite.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Six or more years of experience developing software applications and/or solutions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical data at the level needed to perform the required duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ablilityto work under limited supervision.
- Experience with elastic search or NoSQL queries.
- Technical customer support experience.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Search (Computer Science)
Sql (Programming Language)