SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
As the Inspector, Mechanical NDE, IND TSS you will be responsible for quality services pertaining to quality issues, generating quality expectations and specifications, implementing quality tools, developing Project Quality Management Plans, Quality Assurance/Quality Control and providing guidance to Project Management on quality related issues, and QA/QC inspections.
- Monitor and/or provide oversight of material management (from the quality point of view.
- Monitor material management, review MTR’s, BOM’s to make sure proper materials are being used.
- Witness/monitor welding program/work; make sure testing of welder’s program is being followed.
- Monitor welding quality, review and endorse film as needed.
- Make sure correct materials for filler materials are being used.
- Monitor and provide oversight to all Non-destructive testing being completed.
- Sign off on required check sheets and test reports.
- Inspect equipment prior to installation, make sure any deficient issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Review and endorse NDE test procedures and methods.
- Review sub-contractors’ qualifications. Monitor their performance.
- Review and endorse NDE reports completed by the sub-contracted company.
- Follow all safety guidelines and IIF instructions or philosophy to maintain an injury free worksite.
- Performs administrative duties as required/ assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ yrs. Experience Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Certified NDE Tech L2 (UT/RT/MT)
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Product Quality Assurance
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)