The Staff Auditor II conducts audits pertaining to risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and internal controls in medium and high complexity areas with minimal supervision. He/She is responsible for audit preparation, creation, testing, and reporting of results. The Staff Auditor II, working under the direction of the Audit Manager, leads all aspects of assigned audit engagements. He/She assists external auditors in addressing testing and compliance issues. This position may require a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification. He/She must be bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal) and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
The Staff Auditor II retests to verify testing was completed per IIA and Department Standards (e.g., end-of-year sampling, roll forward testing, re-testing, etc.). He/She ensures corrective action plans address the root cause of a finding. This position interacts as needed with external auditors to respond to process documentation requests (e.g., review annual testing plans, audit test findings, etc.).
- Coordinates with the subject matter expert to keep process documentation (e.g., narratives, self-audit work papers) updated.
- Reviews audit processes (e.g., process map, narrative and control point listing, etc.) to ensure documentation is current and to identify any gaps in test procedures.
- Utilizes technology-based applications to perform analytical reviews.
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Applies knowledge of agencies' functions and regulations to compliance and enforcement activities; identifies routine situations where the organization may be out of compliance as well as the specific impacts of non-compliance.
- Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Accounting or a related field – Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification – Preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification – Preferred
- Experience supervising others – Preferred
- Experience reviewing Corrective Action Plans (CAP) to ensure they address compliance exceptions identified during audits
- Experience auditing internal controls with an emphasis on Sarbanes-Oxley
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
- Business Process Mapping
- Certified Public Accountant
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Internal Controls
- Project Planning
- Regulatory Compliance