To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Suffolk, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Internal Audit Supervisor
Towne Bank • Suffolk, VA
Posted 7 days ago
- Performs and/or supervises audits as specified in the annual audit plan or as events require; tests for compliance with GAAP, institutional polices and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations and contractual requirements; evaluates systems of internal controls.
- Assists in the quarterly review of internal controls certifications as reported by management, a summary of which is reported to senior management and the Audit Committee for compliance with Sections 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act.
- Assists Internal Audit Managers in coordinating activities related to audits including discussions with management, preparation of reports, review of management responses, and monitoring of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Handles audits or projects of higher complexity.
- Assists Internal Audit Managers in training and mentoring Internal Auditors.
- Assists in developing the annual assessment of risks.
- Fulfills requirements necessary to maintain professional certification.
- Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field experience.
- Professional certification – Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor or Certified Internal Auditor.
- Four years or more experience in public accounting and/or internal auditing.
- Must possess qualities of integrity, discretion and strong work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees and directors with courtesy, poise, self-confidence and professionalism in manner, speech, appearance and performance of duties.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Good analytical, time management, research skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management and maintain effective working relationships with auditees at all levels from all areas of the bank as well as external contacts.
- Ability to produce accurate work, to evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from established policies, procedures, and regulations and to make recommendations for corrective actions.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of audit software.
- Works well individually and in team environment.