Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider's ASCO Field Service Technicians play an impactful role within the organization. They provide preventative maintenance and repair services on customer-owned ASCO equipment, they deliver high quality service and customer satisfaction and are productive and valued members of their team in a variety of dynamic customer environments. They are problem solvers. They are customer focused. They are passionate about the work they do. They are the future of Schneider Electric! Is this you?
We are proud to offer all Field Service Technicians with direct product training and training on all digital and physical tools associated with their work. Schneider Electric provides service vehicles, tools, uniforms, mobile devices, and laptops for daily professional use.
This opportunity is a home-based flexible work schedule with 40-hour guarantee (+Overtime).
This Field Service Technician position will be within our U.S. Services business, specifically our ASCO team. This team focuses on servicing critical data center equipment. We are the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) service provider for APC (American Power Conversion)/MGE/Schneider Electric equipment.
As an ASCO Field Service Technician, a typical day for you may include:
* Maintenance and repair of Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS)
* Service administration and reporting which may include: service order generation, performance and maintenance of annual inventory review and identification of replacement parts, completion of inventory safety audit
* Executing installation, maintenance and repair on customer installed base, in a specific delimited know-how.
And on some days you may even:
* Receive and participate in job training for ATS maintenance, ATS troubleshooting and repair, and ATS startups
* Identify new opportunities while attending customer sites to promote Services growth.
* Determine when products should be upgraded or replaced
This may be the next step in your career journey if you have:
* Job related military service (e.g., Naval Nuclear Electricians Mate or Air Force Power Production Technician) Technical School Certification or directly related field experience with Automatic Transfer Switches, Power Control Systems, or other low and medium voltage power applications
* Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as, a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete system maintenance and repair activities.
* Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings as well as read and understand electrical one-line diagrams
* Ability to use appropriate test equipment to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with Automatic Transfer Switches
* Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed and can travel, sometimes outside of assigned territory, including occasional overnight stays, as necessary.
* Proof of certifications or have the willingness to complete: CPR/First Aid/AED training, PPE training
* Basic ATS knowledge, understanding of the sequence of operation and elementary diagram
* Understanding of a one-line diagram
* Ability to independently perform startup on all ASCO ATS models, excluding closed transition, soft load, and medium voltage (MV).
* Ability to connect and communicate with a laptop to download control panel settings and upload firmware upgrades
* Valid driver's license
* Movement of service equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, in both an indoor and outdoor environment.
What we have for you:
You'll feel the warm welcome at Schneider Electric with a unique, team-focused orientation and 2 weeks of in-person training in our brand-new state-of-the-art training facility in Dallas, TX with all expenses paid. Upon return form your on-site visit, you'll continue with online training and will be paired with a local area mentor to receive on-the-job training and continue your onboarding journey with us.
Hear from one of our Field Service Representatives who loves her job and working with her customers! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineering - Fairfax
Schneider Electric offers an inclusive benefits package to support all of our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leaves, 401(k) + match, well-being programs, holidays & paid time off, military leave benefits, and more. Learn more about working with us: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineering - Fairfax
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
- Control Panels
- Control Systems
- Electrical Diagrams