You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Shipping Logistics Coordinator
We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Shipping Logistics Coordinator is an individual contributor responsible for helping shipping reach and maintain their on-time delivery goal of 95% SCOT. This consists of daily communication with multiple sites, Customer Service Representatives, Finishers for Galvanizing and CorroCote, Paint, Dulling and blasting, Dispatchers, Supervisors, Managers, and shipping personnel to ultimately ensure that all product is delivered on-time and per the customer’s requirements. The incumbent seeks relevant information on scheduled shipments to establish short-term shipping and workload priorities, then analyze their actions to determine the effect/impact on business goals. This position is also responsible for communicating with all supporting departments to ensure the completed product is delivered to the shipping department within an acceptable timeframe to ensure on-time delivery objectives can be fulfilled. The role requires maintaining a library of various documents specific to both customers and Valmont sites.
- Proactively recognize risks to shipping schedule compliance
- Develop and execute action item plans to drive shipping schedule compliance
- Seek daily communication from upstream departments to ensure product is correctly prioritized
- Keep visual boards updated with correct information ( job storage location and finisher boards)
- Provide estimates and frequent updates in regards to planned ship & delivery dates. Arranging priorities and expediting of hot orders through the finished processes in order to drive our Ship Complete on Time (SCOT) index metrics.
- Create, organize, and maintain document libraries of inventories at finishers of all new and finished goods on a daily basis.
- Review, input and audit data with above-average attention to detail & accuracy
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Coordination with finishers and other Valmont sites to insure product is complete and ready to be released for shipment to meet on-time delivery to the customer.
- Responsible for their own safety, and required to report any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate personnel
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of their work, including reporting & data accuracy
- Continuously improve the level of support provided to stakeholders, which ultimately impact the end-customer
- Support the Shipping Leads and Supervisors, as well as other administrative tasks within the shipping department
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma / GED and 4+ years of related experience required, or Associates Degree
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Effectively communicate with key personnel via phone, email, and face-to-face
- Possess knowledge of transportation terms & manufacturing processes
- Ability to be exposed to outdoors elements for short durations of time
- Passion & integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 4+ years of experience, within a shipping/logistics coordination role
- Experience with warehouse inventory systems
- Experience with an ERP System (ex. IFS)
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is performed 80% in an office setting and 20% in the shipping yard. The incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office and in the shipping yard. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Incumbent will also be exposed to production facilities where specific PPE will be required such as hand, hearing, foot, eye, and head protection. There will also be frequent exposure to outside elements for short periods of time. Being outside will also expose them to material handling equipment such as forklifts, straddle trucks, and shag trucks.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Shipping Logistics Coordinator.
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Equipment
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: R17152
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.