Nursing Staff Scheduler
Candidates MUST have experience in Staffing in a Long Term Care facility, as well as computer experience. Only experienced candidates need apply.
Northwest Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking an experienced Staffing Coordinator for the position of Nursing Staff Scheduler! This is a part time position that works flexible hours.
The ideal candidate for the Scheduler position must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent, and must have at least 1 year experience in health care staffing. No specific license is required, however a nursing background is preferred. The position exists to provide staffing coordination to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Candidates must be willing to be on call 24 hours a day. Excellent customer service skills required.
Northwest employees enjoy a friendly and supportive work environment, competitive wages, and PTO plans. We offer our full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Scheduler responsibilities include:
- Follows the master staffing schedule
- Communicates continuously with DON/ADON to ensure coordination of information and maintain accuracy of nursing schedule
- Prepares daily staffing sheets with continual revisions as necessary
- Follows center policy and DON guidelines for numbers and assignment of staff
- Completes a listing of vacant nursing positions for DON weekly
- Schedules staff vacations according to guidelines in the personnel policies and the DON/ADON's direction
- Ensures at least one other staff member is oriented to the schedulers position in the event of vacation, sick leave, etc...
- Forwards overtime request, paid time off requests and trade requests to Payroll
- Creates and maintains forms necessary for completion of scheduler's task
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of staff and residents
- Copies staffing sheets from day (days prior). Forward one to Payroll
- Reviews daily exemption sheets for payroll
- Ensure all new employee orientation schedules are on staffing sheet
If you are organized, energetic, and have experience in this field, come join a dynamic team of health care professionals in caring for the elderly with dignity! Respond to this ad for confidential consideration.
- At least 1 year experience in health care staffing required. Computer experience required. ONLY experienced candidates, please.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- No specific license required, but nursing background is preferred
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel and other Office software
- Great problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Complex Problem Solving