To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10003
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Government Markets - Work from home
MultiPlan • New York, NY
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will oversee product management and marketing functions to support revenue growth with payers of Medicare Advantage plans, and also with payers of other government-funded or sponsored programs including but not limited to: Managed Medicaid, Medicare, State Medicaid, CHIPS, TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs (VA). The Director will partner with: (a) sales and marketing teams to establish and communicate competitive position across all services and functions specific to government markets; (b) sales and industry contacts to construct and drive both immediate and longer-term service roadmaps; and (c) with internal service line, IT and operations teams to implement new roadmap functionality.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Define and establish key differentiators, value propositions and competitive positioning for services applicable to Medicare Advantage and other government payers.
2. Utilize subject matter expertise specific to all Medicare Advantage and other government payer sales efforts and marketing functions to include but not limited to: sales training, collateral, proposals, sales analytics, client contracts, implementation processes and materials.
3. Gather and analyze data to further understand Medicare Advantage and other government market characteristics. Identify potential service roadmap opportunities and champion the business case for change as necessary.
4. Monitor service performance against expectations and drive change as necessary to improve short term performance.
5. Represent the department on IT projects specific to Medicare Advantage and other government services; ensure services are appropriately tailored to the needs of the market segment.
6. Participate in client implementation projects as needed.
7. Align Legal regulatory review activities with current and future Medicare Advantage and other government business needs; aid in the interpretation of regulations as needed.
8. Champion the market segment within the organization.
9. Develop and drive organizationally focused continuous learning processes specific to government markets.
10. Collaborate, coordinates, and communicates across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
12. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
13. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This job works independently with minimal supervision to complete the job responsibilities. Work may often be varied and complex in nature and may require an extensive array of knowledge. The incumbent has regular contact with all levels of internal and external resources. The position will charge the incumbent to make business decisions specific to daily department operations. The incumbent utilizes in-depth knowledge, advanced problem solving skills and an understanding of company priorities to achieve results and handle non-routine issues by following pre-established policy and/or precedent as a base for all decisions made.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum High School Diploma and 10 years of experience in a product management, marketing, sales or account management role; Bachelor's Degree in a related field strongly preferred.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a healthcare payer or vendor organization serving government-funded programs, Medicare Advantage preferred
* Deep knowledge and understanding of Medicare rules, regulations and payment policies including their impact on STAR ratings.
* Experience with Medicare Advantage or other government-funded health plan policies, operations, healthcare financing and cost management programs
* Knowledge of provider organizations and operations applicable to Medicare Advantage and other government payer programs
* Leadership, communication, business acumen, analytical, negotiation, persuasion, organization, and prioritization skills
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
* Ability to manage large scale projects and bring them to successful conclusion
* Ability to manage details with executive presence
* Ability to communicate with and persuade all levels, including internal and external senior leadership levels
* Ability to elicit trust and credibility as well as interface with all levels of the organization
* Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
* Ability to use computer software, hardware, and peripherals applicable to role
* Ability to formulate the solution and involve others in solving issues
* Ability to understand relationships and structures of providers and competitors
* Ability to be comfortable with and to manage in-person client interface
* Availability to travel as needed
* Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.