Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job Summary
The Prisma Health Physician is responsible for the provision of quality medical services to patients of Prisma Health-University Medical GroupAccountabilities
- Engages in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of disease, defects or injuries and recommend or prescribe treatments for the relief or cure of physical, mental or functional ailments or defects.
- Renders medical treatment to his or her patients consistent with generally accepted professional standards of care without regard to their ability to pay for such treatment and without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, or age.
- Completes accurate, legible, and timely records with respect to all medical examinations and procedures; to accurately use Current Procedural Terminology and International Classification of Diseases codes.
- Provides after hours call coverage equally with other physicians of the Practice unless there is an agreement otherwise.
- Complies with standards of accepted medical practice, the rules and regulations of managed care organizations and other payors, including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid (except to the extent those rules conflict with Physician's professional medical judgment), and the standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Enhances clinical skills by maintaining sufficient continuing medical education to meet the requirements of the Physician's certification and/or state licensing board.
- Agrees to actively participate in non-revenue generating activities which serve to advance the Vision and Mission of Prisma Health. As an Academic Health Center, these activities may range from serving on committees, community outreach, helping to meet the teaching, the research goals and/or other activities as determined by the appropriate Department Chair. These important expectations are shared by all providers within Prisma Health-University Medical Group and are key elements of a high performing, integrated, physician led organization.
- Participates in responding to requests for proposals for managed care contracts.
- Participates in the establishment of quality assurance programs, utilization management programs, patient education services, and patient satisfaction programs.
- Assists Employer in obtaining and maintaining any and all licenses, permits and other authorizations, plus achieving any applicable accreditation standards that relate to the business of Physician's Practice or Department.
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health Company or affiliate and will have direct reports.Minimum Requirements
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Successful Completion of Residency; Board Certified or Board Eligible; Medical Staff PrivilegesRequired Certifications/Registrations/Licenses
South Carolina Medical License
South Carolina Controlled Substance License
Drug Enforcement Agency NumberOther Required Skills and Experience
Basic Computer Skills
Knowledge of Office Equipment (fax/copier)
Specialty specific skillsWork Shift
Day (United States of America)Location
Patewood Outpt Ctr/Med OfficesFacility
2479 ENT - 200 PatewoodDepartment
24791000 ENT - 200 Patewood-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
- Audio Equipments
- Clinical Works
- Current Procedural Terminology (Cpt)
- Doctor Of Medicine (Md)
- International Classification Of Diseases
- Managed Care