Work Location: Roanoke, VA
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Duration: 12 Months (Temporary/Contract)
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing complex engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
1. Technical Expertise: Exhibits journey level proficiency plus advanced knowledge that enables the engineer to serve as a leader within the assigned organization. Keeps abreast of new products, developments, technologies, procedures and equipment. Understands and analyzes interrelationships between systems and component equipment. Interprets codes and regulations, and develops standards relevant to the area of assignment.
2. Leadership & Guidance: Provides guidance and exercises judgment and discretion in providing guidance and direction to other Engineers. Leads, facilitates and coordinates work activities of others within the work group, team, department, corporate entity, or those external to the company as required to perform all routine engineering work. Ensures all work activities are performed in accordance with the policies, practices, standards and rules of the company and complies with the regulations and procedures required by external agencies. Promotes engineering professionalism and standards. Coordinates and conducts training sessions.
3. Planning & Organization Ability: Participates in the development of plans by establishing measurable goals, objectives and requirements for specific areas of responsibility. Coordinates the development of input necessary to establish projected cost of all projects. Is proficient in use of scheduling techniques (CPM, PERT, flow charts, etc.) for budget and planning activities. Identifies and initiates appropriate corrective action when objectives are not being met.
4. Problem Solving & Initiative: Identifies, clarifies, resolves, and initiates solutions to routine and/or complex problems that sometimes involve analysis of inadequate or conflicting data. Demonstrates the ability to divide problems into component steps. Consistently looks for and develops opportunities and presents new ideas and approaches.
5. Communication: Coordinates the work of other engineers in an efficient and effective manner. Develops, reviews or prepares reports on complex technical subjects clearly, concisely and effectively, in a manner suitable for presentation to management, professional societies, regulatory bodies, etc. Leads and facilitates meetings effectively.
6. Interpersonal Skills: Possess collaborative and consensus building skills. Functions as a team leader and member.
7. Decision Making: Makes decisions affecting plans and goals based on analysis of uncertain input and outcomes. Uses diverse approaches to make decisions in the absence of a definite framework or where few precedents exist. Can handle conflicting interests related to approaches on projects or studies. Analyzes options and risks and possesses the experience and knowledge to assess the risk of decisions and act accordingly. Makes decisions that affect the operations or results of the department and may have some impact on a major project.
8. Business Awareness & Characteristics: Exhibits an awareness of the company competitive position and how business decisions impact their organizational unit. Understands the specific goals and objectives of their individual organizational unit and is proficient in establishing measurable goals and objectives. Effectively manages project budgets using cost management techniques and understands how their decisions and recommendations impact the company expenses and revenues. Demonstrates an awareness of profit incentives, optimizing growth of customers' businesses and using our services to attract new business.
• Has typically acquired 6 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in any U.S. state or Puerto Rico** is encouraged and preferred.
•ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master’s degree in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program.
•* Confirmation is required to ensure the PE obtained in Puerto Rico aligns with NCEES standards.
Work Schedule is 5-days a week, Monday - Friday.
Some overnight travel will be expected with this position. Approximately 10% travel is expected.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Complex Problem Solving