Client Liaison - Business Systems Analyst
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Security Clearance: must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
If the following position is of interest to you, please email an updated resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Join one of our largest government clients has a Client Lead role supporting financial management applications that help our Department of Defense customers plan and budget resources to support our country. We have been supporting our customers for over 20 years with 5 applications across 7 different clients. We continue to develop and implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of our customers.
Are you a high-energy self-starter? Then you may be the perfect fit! We are looking for an experienced, resourceful Client Lead/Liaison with the desire to be a critical member of our Agile Scrum team designing creative new solutions for our customers and managing customer relationships. We value team members who strive to produce high quality work through collaboration with team members and clients while making a difference through individual contributions to ensure project success for our team and our clients. Under minimal supervision, you will work closely with clients to gather application requirements and create designs to meet these requirements, while providing on-site client support during the budget cycles to build close client relationships and ensure our clients feel taken care of. You will also perform critical system testing to ensure application functionality works correctly and meets the clients' needs
This role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to properly prioritize and multi-task. You must be able to work collaboratively with our project team in an Agile environment to ensure we are implementing optimal solutions for our customers. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced BSA who enjoys interacting with people and has a desire to take on greater knowledge and responsibility. Your contributions will directly impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately our client! In return, they will provide you with a company that fosters a culture based on integrity, strong ethics, quality work, and professionalism, while supporting your career growth aspirations.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Under minimal supervision, performs requirements gathering and analysis, and designs, tests, and troubleshoots existing functionality and enhancements in .NET web applications.
- Serves as the face for the client's team to the customers, working closely with the customers to learn their business processes and build professional partnerships with key decision makers.
- Serves as an integral member of a close-knit Agile team under the direction of the Project Lead.
- Possesses a good understanding of business applications.
- Works with the team to understand and resolve software problems, resolves customer complaints with software, and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
As an outstanding business systems analyst/client lead you will:
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research, combined with an advanced understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Work with clients to gather system requirements and produce detailed requirement and functional specification documents to solve complex problems within our financial applications.
- Work closely with clients to develop a trusted partnership to help clients achieve their mission. Learn customer business processes that are directly and tangentially surrounding our applications and leverage that knowledge to identify innovative solutions for the customer.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure requirements are fully understood, collaborate on application designs, and provide assistance with overcoming obstacles faced during development.
- Conduct system testing at the development site and at the client site to validate requirements.
- Ensure applications on client site are ready for customer use prior to each budget cycle.
- Train end users and provide on-site (Arlington locations) and remote user support during budget cycles (approximately 16-24 weeks a year).
- Continuously analyze business and user needs, document requirements, and identify solutions to new and emerging business processes.
- Bachelor's degree (in Business Information Systems, Mathematics, or similarly analytical field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Desire to work in an Agile environment where priorities and deadlines may chance regularly.
- Experience interfacing with clients.
- Ability to prioritize, track, and complete tasks according to Sprint deadlines with limited oversight.
- Extensive experience with the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering/documentation and testing.
- Ability to learn SQL and write basic queries to analyze and resolve production data issues.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Interest in and/or comfort with presenting to an audience a plus.
- Experience with influencing others regarding processes and solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
What We Can Offer You:
- We are a passionate team with a family-oriented culture and a strong focus on, and dedication to, delivering quality and value for our customers.
- We provide the opportunity to work on a close knit team where your contributions will be impactful and recognized
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Software Development Life Cycle