Advance Auto Parts is seeking a Senior IT Internal Auditor to join our growing Internal Audit team. The Internal Audit team's mission is to call attention to risks and drive actions to address those risks. The team partners with business groups to identify areas of risk, make valuable recommendations and influence changes. As a member of the team and in addition to typical IT audits, you’ll have the opportunity to advise on system implementations, process changes and other business initiatives. You will enjoy working in a dynamic environment and be able to focus on problems at hand and the details that come with them. The team’s priorities are risk based and focus on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with key employees and management within a business function to diagnose IT risks and process improvement opportunities.
- Plan, lead, execute and document test work in support of audit assignments.
- Conduct on-site visits in support of audit activities. (Travel 15-20%)
- Escalate significant audit issues identified and research viable solutions and alternatives.
- Work with management to develop, implement, and monitor process and policy changes throughout the IT organization.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value.
- Accountable for meeting deadlines, adhering to department and professional standards.
- Contribute to a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation.
- Other duties/special projects based on needs of the business.
- Self-starter who excels working with little supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of departments including IT.
- Outstanding writing skills utilizing proper grammar and the ability to document complex processes and concepts clearly.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Positive attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree or Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Working knowledge of IT standards such as ISO, COBIT, and NIST preferred.
- Internal Audit Data Analytics Software experience (e.g. ACL, IDEA) preferred.
CISA, CISSP, CIA, CGEIT, CFE and/or other relevant certification(s) strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certified In The Governance Of Enterprise It
Certified Information Security Manager
Complex Problem Solving