We are seeking a skilled and passionate Director of Food and Beverage to lead our team of culinary professionals at Benchmark Senior Living. The Director of Food and Beverage is a highly visible role. This role supports a shared kitchen for our Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing Rehab buildings.
The position ensures the food & beverage/culinary operation meets the resident needs and satisfaction. This individual must have strong leadership and communication skills as well as maintain and continue the company's high level of food and beverage success. A critical eye for a quality product and excellent service standards is a must.
If you are an experienced culinary professional with a passion for interacting with people and a desire to work for a great company that stresses a strong work-life balance, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
- Responsible for short and long-term planning and the management of the Food and Beverage operations in the front and back of the house.
- Develop marketing plans and objectives and manages within budget
- Implement and maintain Food and Beverage sales/marketing programs
- Direct and oversee development of employees
- Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations
- Coordinate food and beverage operations with other departments to ensure quality customer service
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
- Implement procedures to increase customer satisfaction
- Exercise quality control for both food and beverage
- Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and standards.
- Develops and implements food services policies, procedures and job descriptions.
- Plans menu and menu cycles according to regional and cultural food preferences and resident dietary guidelines.
- This community has a full liquor license - knowledge of wine/cocktail trends is desired.
The Food Service Director that we hire must be more than a skilled and experienced chef. We incorporate the hospitality model to our dining areas, and an important role of every member of the dining services staff is being a part of the community at Benchmark. With 3 meals served per day, the dining area is a big part of the resident's world and because of that, the dining services staff must have a passion for being around and interacting with residents.
Other requirements for the Director of Food & Beverage include:
- Bachelor degree in culinary arts program preferred.
- Minimum of five years management experience in a food service environment.
- Must have successfully completed food service training.
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures, was well as related Health Department regulations and guidelines pertaining to food service operations.
- Must have experience working in a Skilled Nursing environment
At Benchmark Senior Living, we recognize how hard our employees work in order to provide our resident seniors with the best care possible. Therefore, we are proud to provide our with great compensation and excellent benefits!
Benefits available include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Planning
* Working Advantage
* Culture Compensation
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Adoption Assistance
* Discounts on MetLife Auto and Home Insurance through payroll deduction
* Paid Membership fees for SitterCity